Monday, September 29, 2014

Up Up and Awa-ay

I remember Daddy having a record with the iconic sunshine-pop song, "Up Up and Away."  I really don't remember which artist, but possibly it was Andy Williams.  I remember we liked to play the song "Impossible Dream" as well, which was also done by Andy Williams, so perhaps his rendition was the one we had.  Anyway, in my mind I hear the phrase "my beautiful, my beautiful balloon" whenever I see the hot air balloon go over.
Saturday evening I saw it at a distance as I stood and chatted with my neighbor.

 
 
This hot air balloon has even landed in the neighborhood a few times.  Here are some pictures from 3 years ago.  Just Saturday I was mentioning the burgundy foliage of the golden bell bushes and how good it looked with the yellow of the golden rod.  You can see in the first picture below that same combination from 3 years ago.










Hope you have a cheerful, carefree day!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon. My sons offered me a ride once, but it was to stay tethered, I couldn't see the sense in it. I would not feel the FREEDOM the balloonists talk about.
    I do love the beauty of the hot air balloon as it glides quietly thru the sky..

    ReplyDelete