Monday, September 15, 2014

Pottery festival (the band)

My "favorite band" is the one Caleb is playing in.  He plays with various groups, so whichever he is playing with at a particular time becomes my favorite for the moment.  Saturday, he was with Melody Brown and High Strung (also known affectionately as Carvel's Marvels).  Melody is a cool lady, and if I could be as cool as I wanted, I would be as cool as she is.  Here she is warming up behind the pottery shed.
 
 
 
Caleb and Chris warm up on guitar and mandolin.

 
 
The band:
 
Caleb is passing a cord out to Steve, Melody's husband.  Steve works hard to get the equipment set up and tested.  The band was on a classy gray and white porch that was fronted by a profusion of flowers.  I must say it was one of the prettiest venues I've seen in a while.  There were chairs (including the white porch rockers) under the tent for the spectators.  Thankfully the rain held off.

 
 
They look serious about their music, but some of their songs are anything but serious.


 











Good job, Melody Brown and High Strung!

1 comment:

  1. I like Caleb's versatility. Great photo work and the flowers did add I am sure. Ahhh you could be as cool as anyone. But I think I know what you mean. At least in my case I see folks that have it together and know who they are.

    ReplyDelete