Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Amaryllis 'Cinderella'

Several years ago, my neighbor gave me an amaryllis bulb for Christmas.  I have kept it alive (but barely).  I really don't have enough indoor light for it to grow properly when it's inside, but it manages to bloom every once in a few (or several?--I'm losing track as the years go by) years.
I like the drama it brings to a room. 
(I have carefully composed my picture so as to obscure the scant and browning foliage.)
 

 
 
Incidentally, these blooms are from one of the two small secondary bulbs that formed from the first bulb. 
What a beauty!

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is a beauty. I am always amazed a the intricate designs in flora. The colors and lines are bright and distinct.

    Love from the little growing town of Belmont.

    ReplyDelete