Sunday, March 15, 2015

In the March sunshine

Today I have daffodils and periwinkle blooming.  It's a lovely time of year.
 
 
I spent some time strolling around the yard today, enjoying the sunshine and blue sky (and looking at all the things that need to be done).
I looked across the way to a neighbor's yard and saw the sun glistening off the leaves of a magnolia that I gave away.  The magnolia was given to me--just a seedling.  I gave it to a neighbor.  After he moved several years ago, the yard became overgrown.  When I saw a guy doing yard work, I went over and pointed out the magnolia to him so that he wouldn't cut it down.  I wasn't sure he spoke English because he just nodded.  He had a machete and was limbing up the Bradford pears.  (I was brave to approach him.) He must have understood because the magnolia has been growing beautifully ever since.
 
I hope the sun is shining in your world.


 

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are pretty, I was looking at that tree you gave away as a seedling, and thought I wish I had planted a tree somewhere, and I just thought I did. I hope to remember to drive over to Paw Creek and see how big they are.
    Funny how some things jar your memory. Love from Central Florida.

    ReplyDelete