The little pruning saw is a little harder to get used to. It is supposed to cut on the push and pull strokes, but it seems to resist being pushed. (Ha!) Anyway, it is enabling me to get in the small areas where a bow saw won't fit.
I removed some of the lower branches that were in the way of the path to the blueberry bushes. I tried to thin out some of the center, and I tried to cut back one trunk that had rocketed toward the sky.
There was another pine just behind this one (that I didn't plant) that had a broken limb. A day or two ago the evening sun was shining on the snag, and it caught my eye.
It must have broken under the weight of the snow a week or so ago. There is an eleagnus thicket underneath, and I looked in vain to find the fallen limb. It was a pretty good size. Limbs can't just disappear. Then I saw it had caught on a lower branch. It almost looked like it was growing out of the trunk; I couldn't even see the broken end. I took a hoe and was able to reach high enough to snag the little end. A tug on that catapulted the big end over, and I did a two-step to get out of the way.
New saws and same old triceps. Same old triceps and new soreness.