Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The real Edith is magnolious!

One of my greatest pleasures over the last 20 years has been planting trees and shrubs.  Most of the plants I chose and planted myself with the help of my son.  One tree my husband wanted was a magnolia, so after studying the mail order descriptions, I went to a local nursery to pick out a magnolia.  I had read about the beauty of Magnolia grandiflora 'Edith Bogue,' and I got a chuckle to see her labeled as 'Edith Bogus.'  I declare she looked like the real thing to me.
I had bought Caleb a little orange shovel for his own use even though he was not yet two years old.  Here he is with his dad, getting a hole dug for Miss Edith.  Caleb is twenty months old here, but he is keeping up with Daddy.

 
 
 
 
Here is Miss Edith in the background when Caleb was 15.  They had both grown considerably.
 

 
Now here's Miss Edith in her full blown glory.  My, how time flies.


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It must be a pleasure to have trees grown, that were planted by the family. We have never lived anywhere long enough to see a tree grow, I can't seem to even keep up with a tomato plant. LOL

    Nice shots of comparison of Caleb. and the magnolia or Miss Edith. I can about smell those magnolia blossoms.

    ReplyDelete