Sunday, October 18, 2015

First frost

We had our season's first frost this morning.  I had brought the houseplants in yesterday.  I always hate doing that because there is not a good, well lit place for them.  The Knock Out roses, on a sunny bank and under the protection of the Japanese maple, managed this morning, but will probably suffer tonight when it is supposed to be a couple of degrees cooler. 
 
When I was by Walmart Friday, I found some small mums reduced to $0.49 each.  I combined two of them in a container for the front porch.  The porch should provide enough protection from the frost for the mums.
 
The golden bells are burgundy and the sugar maple is golden.
 
 

 
It sure feels like fall.
 

 


1 comment:

  1. We still have a little time here, but the temps are inching down each week.
    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete