Monday, January 26, 2015

Rainbow, but no camera

This morning I head out on an errand about 10:00 am.  There was rain and sunshine at the same time which is not usual for this time of year.  I always look for a rainbow in those conditions, but I didn't see one.  As I backed out of the drive I could see all the shiny wet trees and shrubs reflecting an almost blinding sheen as the sun shone on the rain.  A raindrop in an evergreen bush flashed different colors as my car moved up the drive.  The scene was pretty. 
Then about two miles up the road, I DID see a rainbow.  I wondered if I should go back and get my camera, but I continued on my way.  I passed a guy on a tractor and yelled, "Did you see the rainbow?"
"What?"
"The rainbow!"
I don't know if he heard me.  I pointed out my window to the left as I came to a field that provided a wide view of the whole rainbow.  It was lovely.  I followed it along and sure wished I had my camera with me.

1 comment:

  1. I like that. Some times the picture is just so good, you must tell someone!!!
    I love rainbows, but of course I think everyone does.
    Cool and very windy down here....

    ReplyDelete