Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Neighbors

For Christmas, we received a bag of home cooked goodies plus the cutest teapot from our neighbors across the street.  It is always gratifying when someone knows me well enough to know what I will think is attractive. 
 
We received a dozen eggs and a wish for a happy New Year from the neighbor with the chickens.  (I scrambled 3 in the microwave for us Sunday night.)
 
And, as impersonal as the online world can be, sometimes one can find "neighbors" on the internet as well.  Dave at OurHappyAcres sent me some cherry tomato seeds to plant this year along with a handwritten note.  I remember loving the tiny cherry tomatoes as a kid.  The larger cherry tomatoes, which everyone else calls cherry tomatoes, we had to call tommy toes.  The variety Dave sent me, 'Mexico Midget,' is probably somewhere in between the size of the cherry tomatoes and the tommy toes we had growing up.  I'm looking forward to trying them.  It's nice to have internet neighbors as well.
 


1 comment:

  1. I like the tea pot. I just tried scrambling eggs in the micro wave the other day, not bad.
    But most of all I am so pleased to hear Tommy toes. I remember them growing near the hog pens, I loved 'em.
    We hope you are having a good new year!!!

    ReplyDelete