Monday, January 2, 2017

A meal out with my menfolk

Today, I had the opportunity for a special lunch with my menfolk.  I wanted to try a different restaurant.  It's a new year and time to try a new dish, so I chose an empanada platter with red beans and fried sweet plantains.  It was good, but between you and me, I think they ran out of empanada dough and just deep fat fried a couple of flour tortillas.  This was the first time I had ever tried plantains, and they were pretty good.  I've had red beans before, but these were spiced with a Caribbean flavor, which was pretty good also.
Do you like trying new dishes?

2 comments:

  1. We lived in GITMO for 3.5 yrs. We were introduced to a lot of Caribbean foods. I could never develop a taste for plantains, i always expected a banana. LOL. But yes, I do love to try the local foods when we travel. Most I do not remember.
    I do not know empanada.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO Y'ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. That looks scrumptious. We had lunch at a place in Miami when I was there with my wife several years ago and we had a meal like I'd never had before. It was incredible.

    ReplyDelete