Monday, May 30, 2016

Update on rescued stokesia

Late last summer, I rescued a few plants from the house next door.  I'm pleased to say, they have survived and the stokesia (Stokes' aster) is just beginning to bloom.  It is a native plant to the Southeast, but I don't recall having seen it in the wild.  I noticed a piece of it is still blooming next door.  I don't know if the new owners will see it before that area is overgrown.  I guess time will tell.
Here are a few buds and blooms on the plant I rescued.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a pretty flower. Love the color. I get the feeling I am looking at many birds wings, soaring with the end feathers separated to glide! Interesting the way the last one is blooming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower in the second pic is just beginning to bloom. (The bloom in the first pic looked like that yesterday.) I think it looks a bit like a rabbit head with purple ears. :-)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've seen one of those either. Send us a cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do divide reasonably well. I can attest to that. But maybe you can find one a little closer by. ;-)

      Delete