Monday, May 9, 2016

Female indigo bunting

A few days ago, I saw a bird that I don't often see in my backyard.  I thought it must be an indigo bunting.  I hoped it would be still long enough for me to get the binoculars and get a closer look.  It obliged.  I took a picture with the camera and wished it would come closer for a better shot.  Again it obliged.  I could hardly believe my luck.  I checked Cornell's All About Birds website, and I do believe this is a female indigo bunting.




 
Do you see indigo buntings in your area?

1 comment:

  1. Lately I have become a bird watcher. I seldom know their names (except the obvious) We have great places for nesters in the RV Port. I enjoy watching the three species there and the red birds down in the bush. But I do not recognize the Indigo Bunting.

    Love from Gaston County for another week or two.

    ReplyDelete