Monday, April 11, 2016

The ticks are out

Just a little warming in the weather and the ticks are out.  I found one Friday crawling across my shirt.  I had only been walking around the yard.  Saturday I was working in a very weedy area, and I woke up Sunday morning to find a tick attached to the back of my thigh.  I never could have seen it, but fortunately it itched just a wee smidgen--enough for me to reach back and feel it.  Today, after I hung some sheets on the clothesline, I came back inside only to find a tick hurrying across the laundry basket.
It's that season. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of ticks yesterday while walking. Yep it is about that time. That was a big thing as a boy, keeping them off my dog. Boys then did not think for a second about pulling one off that was attached. When I got older I was told to 'heat them off' by using a hot pin or needle. Still don't know the best way. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I pulled one off Caillou's ear last week.
    R

    ReplyDelete