Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine pretties

I like the "pretties" that come with Valentine's Day.  Darling son surprised me with a box of chocolates in a very pretty red box.  And I do mean surprised.
Darling husband also got me a box of chocolates in a pretty red box as well as a bouquet.  I added some greenery to the bouquet and am enjoying the beauty of it.
 
I made a batch of date balls to share with my sweethearts.  I put the date balls in the cookie jar my neighbor had given me for Christmas.  The jar is empty already, but you can take my word for it, it was pretty when full of date balls.
 
A lady from our church made treat bags for everyone.  I went a little weak when I saw all those pretty red and pink cellophane bags full of goodies.
 
There were also lots of pretty decorations at the steak dinner where darling husband and darling son played music Saturday night.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the pretty decorations.  The steak looked great, too!
The pretty decorations and pretty goodies were right down my alley.  I think the goal on Valentine's Day is to give a gift that will please.  Sunday evening, we were sitting in the living room just as the evening was coming to a close.  It was cloudy and cold; the temperature probably peaked at about 32 degrees that day.  Suddenly I spotted the hot air balloon!  What on earth!  I wanted to run out and yell, "How's the weather up there?"  Then it dawned on me.  Some guy thought his sweetie would appreciate the romance of a balloon ride--in 32 degree weather!  I hope she liked it or at least appreciated the thought.
 
Each to his own.  When it's 32 degrees, just give me chocolate and flowers, thanks.
 
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you, "That dog wouldn't hunt" with my lovely spouse :)

    ReplyDelete