Thursday, February 25, 2016

Stormy weather

Yesterday, many areas in our state experienced stormy weather.  I watched the radar image of an impressive line of thunderstorms moving across our area.  I think we managed to miss a lot of the wind and rain here at my house, but we were without power for 4 hours.  I heated a can of beef stew over a candle and served canned peaches for dessert. 
I took a few pictures of the clouds as the storm moved through our area.

 
As the storm approached, I noticed a pair of ducks flying overhead.  They were basically flying sideways in the wind!  Just after that, a flock of geese flew over.  They seemed to fare just a little better because of their size, but you can still see how the wind affects their flight.
 
Some places near us had it rough, but all in all, we were lucky here.

1 comment:

  1. We had high winds here in the Piedmont. I even took down my flags, I have never done that until we got ready to leave, before this.

    Glad you guys could make do, the candle was smart. Losing power is never good in itself, but it sure does make things quiet!

    The best sent from the Belmont area.

    ReplyDelete