Monday, August 4, 2014

Blueberry muffins (and squash)

I recently made a third batch of blueberry muffins, and I modified the recipe just a little.  I had been using a recipe I found called Grandmother Hinckley's Blueberry Muffins, and I like it fine.  However, there were some very ripe bananas languishing in the kitchen, and I decided to use one in the mix.
I added one banana (mashed it in the mix after I had added the egg), added some chopped walnuts and a dash of cinnamon with the flour.  Because of the added sweetness and moisture of the banana, I reduced the sugar to a scant half cup (if I remember correctly) and reduced the milk to 1/4 cup.  They turned out well.

We're nearing the end of the blueberry harvest but the squash is bearing in earnest.  I picked these this morning.
 
Hope you're enjoying the summer produce.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes we have enjoyed the summer fresh produce. As a matter of fact we are having pintos, SQUASH, salmon and cornbread for supper. Smells good already in out kitchen (where I am sitting typing. (smile).

    The muffins sounded good!

    ReplyDelete