Friday, October 20, 2017

Gold panning

Yesterday, darling son and I took a trip and did a little gold panning.  We did not find any gold, but we had a very lovely day.  The weather was perfect, the scenery was nice, and being in the woods was emotionally relaxing.
Here are some pics that Caleb took of our excellent adventure.  (I almost stepped on the box turtle, not even seeing it.  Caleb was walking behind me and spotted it.  I am glad we didn't encounter any rattlesnakes.)
 
 


And even when you're in a pine and hardwood forest with laurel thickets along the stream, native yucca on a steep rocky hillside, a box turtle, a black snake, minnows, and fresh water snails, there is no telling what kind of fauna you might see when you get back out onto the highway.

 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a unique day trip. Panning is a treasure hunt. Some times it works sometimes not. I actually did find some color in Bonanza creek in the Yukon. It was so small I had to pick it out with tweezers. hahaha
    'tis good to read of family relations going WELL! Love it.

    From Florida

    ReplyDelete