Sunday, October 8, 2017

Bluebirds at the water dish

Even though we no longer have a dog, I have maintained the water dish for the benefit of the birds.  Lately I've noticed the bluebirds using the dish for water.  You can see from the picture that one of the birds still has juvenile markings, so it must be from one of the last broods of the season. 
These bluebirds will probably winter here.  I don't know when the migratory birds will leave.  I saw the summer tanager and the cuckoo within the last two weeks.  Maybe they were waiting till the hurricane passed through before they started out to Mexico and South America.

1 comment:

  1. I love colorful birds. They make me feel good seeing them. I like the sparrow also, there are so many they remind me of the every day human, no real color to stand out, just a tried and true plugger. Nice to leave water for the birds I think of it every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete