Friday, September 1, 2017

"Heavy Traffic Ahead"

Whenever I go around the Beltline in Raleigh and see a line of brake lights come on in front of me, this song goes through my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8qMe_w-U0
 
I feel for people that have to be in this every day.  Avoiding heavy traffic ranks on up there on my list of "quality of life" priorities.
I managed to get a crack in my windshield from a gravel yesterday, too.  (That was yesterday morning; the picture above was yesterday evening.)  The odd thing about the gravel to the windshield was that it happened when there was a gap in the traffic on my side the road, so either the gravel traveled a lot farther than I thought it could or else it came from the lanes on the other side.  We were in a 65 mph zone at the time, so you can imagine how quickly it happened.


1 comment:

  1. OUCH I live with a crack in the motor home windshield. We avoid cities morning and evening when possible. I am writing a book on RV'ing and I had forgotten this point, thanks. We did get a laugh. Sherry used to work with Bill Monroe in a charlotte office, she said when he introduced himself he was always, 'The real Bill Monroe.' Sorry about the windshield!

    ReplyDelete