Thursday, February 23, 2017

Do you see what I "saw"?

I'm making use of the bow saw I got a couple of years ago.  It's a wonder I haven't hurt myself.
This is the Leyland that came down after Hurricane Matthew.  Since it was a little over 10" in diameter, I had to cut from all sides to get the saw through it.  It is a tree we planted.

Here is another tree I planted.  It is a red cedar and about half the diameter of the Leyland, though probably about the same age.  I cut it down because it is near the septic drain lines which are getting clogged with roots.  I don't know if the cedar's roots are the culprit, but I am just cutting down whatever is in the area that I can remove.

Heaven knows what I would cut if I knew how to use a chainsaw!

2 comments:

  1. I was reading and thought, what this lady would do with a chain saw, then read:

    Heaven knows what I would cut if I knew how to use a chainsaw!

    Funny that. But that is a lot of work with a bow saw, don't think these old arms would make it. You are a wonder-woman! An eleven inch tree is big for me even with a chain saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a new professional chain saw last year. It's an angry tool. I love it.

    ReplyDelete