Monday, February 13, 2017

Buds opening--crocus, maple, and camellia

Just yesterday I saw the first bloom on my crocus.  (Today, a second bud opened.)  Also blooming is the red maple in the front yard.  The camellia bush began opening a week or so ago.  I saw the first bloom of my vinca just today, but I didn't get a picture of that.  It's the time of year when a succession of blooms lead us to spring, and with the weather above normal here, the blooms that are sensitive to temperatures are coming on early.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ah the Camellia, we have never had one. I hope they are hardy and know how to take care of themselves. We have a friend who is bringing us one for our new home next month. WE won't be there often, I am very good at using my black thumb. OUCH. WE planted some flowers in a built in planter at the new house. seems watering them every three weeks works they are living. I have heard the name Crocus, but I don't remember them. BTW HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the heat and drought last summer and fall made our Camellia skiddish even thought we kept it watered. It hasn't bloomed this year :(
    I just hope we haven't lost hardwoods.
    R

    ReplyDelete