Sunday, December 28, 2014

Roasted veggies

For supper last night, I decided to roast some of the turnips I had pulled yesterday.  I peeled some of the very small ones, cut them in halves or quarters depending on size, cut some baby carrots in half, and added some Birds Eye frozen broccoli florets.  I tossed it all with olive oil and salt and coarsely ground pepper and spread it in a single layer on a baking sheet.  I baked it at somewhere between 425 and 450 degrees for about 25 minutes, turning it a couple of times.
It was tasty.  I started to take a picture of my food, but ds warned me not to be "that guy." 
If you don't like turnips boiled, try roasting them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me. I think I like veggies anyway. Funny about the Olive oil. We too use it to cook, but growing up I thought it was only for anointing the sick and praying for them. I never thought of eating it. (smile) That is the preacher's kid in me. LOL

    ReplyDelete