Thursday, November 13, 2014

Time for turnips

I pulled a couple of turnips yesterday.  They were small, but I ate one and it was very tasty.  I planted them two months ago.  We are expecting some very cold weather.  I don't know if they can be left in the ground with the local temperatures expected to be 25 ° (maybe a degree or two colder here).
 
My favorite way to eat them is raw, but I have cooked them a few different ways.  I have roasted them and also deep fried them as chips.  They are better roasted or fried than boiled, I think.  I have cooked them in a pot roast with some carrots and potatoes, and that is a good way to eat them too.
Do you like turnips? 

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is Raw also. When I was a kid and headed for the river I liked to put a couple turnips in my pockets. Spring it was green apples. ha!
    The turnips as the right size to eat..

    ReplyDelete