Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fire and ice

One morning last week when we had a heavy frost, the morning sun shone on the red foliage of the blueberry bushes.  Blueberries are a great choice for late fall color.
 

As I get time, I will try to weed around the bushes through the fall and winter.  The briars, poison ivy, and little saplings have gotten out of control in that area.  I was able to get some of the briars and poison ivy out this summer.  Hopefully, I can finish up the job before next spring.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of the blueberry bush and fall colors. But the Fire is very pretty! I keep[ seeing in my mind the low crawling wild Blue Berries in Maine. they are low and they 'hand rake' the blue berries vs picking them, the wild BB there is a much smaller berry.

    an eye catching picture...

    ReplyDelete