Thursday, December 21, 2017

Winter solstice; mistletoe

Just a couple of things today that are not really related--winter solstice and mistletoe. 
Today is the winter solstice when our part of the world is tilted as far away from the sun as we get.  The daylight hours will begin to increase and the sun will appear higher from the horizon each day.  I usually am really glad to see the days lengthen, but this year the time seems to be whizzing by so fast that I haven't really had time to be affected by the shortness of the daylight.  I picked up a few small fallen branches in the yard today and thought it would have been lovely to have an outdoor fire, but there were too many other things demanding my time.
One thing I did today was to hang a little mistletoe.  Last week, we came across some very lovely mistletoe with wonderful berries.  Darling son used a pole and knocked some out of the tree piñata-style.  I was delighted.  It has dried considerably over the week, but it was still potent enough to garner me a couple of kisses under it.
 


1 comment:

  1. I am ready for the days to be longer. AND I have some mistletoe (no berries) I must get it hung. I love KISSES.
    Merry Christmas to you and your home.
    Love from Florida!

    ReplyDelete