Monday, May 29, 2017

New potatoes

I dug a few new potatoes to go with our Memorial Day lunch.  I was very disappointed to find that some rodent had eaten one of the larger potatoes and who knows how many others that are underground that it has eaten.  (I only wanted to dig a few hills because I want to leave the rest of the potatoes to get bigger.  That will be a gamble since the varmint will undoubtedly be back for seconds and thirds.)  The few potatoes I found were delicious, though, roasted with some butter. 
 
There is a cat that shows up in my backyard occasionally.  I usually chase it out because I don't want it hunting my songbirds, but I think I'm going to leave it in peace and hope it catches some vermin.



1 comment:

  1. I hope the varmint gets caught. I love little 'new' potatoes. Sends me back to the little potatoes in mama's green beans. Picture makes me want a bite! LOL

    ReplyDelete