Thursday, August 4, 2016

Baby brown thrasher

Late this evening after I had just filled the water dish for the birds, I came by the fig bush.  I saw and heard the movement of a large bird in the foliage.  I was outraged.  The figs are not yet ripe, and that brown thrasher is already scoping out the bush!  I continued on around to the other side of the bush expecting to see a flash of rusty brown as the thrasher made its exit.  Instead it sat quietly on the limb next to an adorable baby brown thrasher.  Then the parent bird made its exit and the baby sat motionless even while I fetched my camera.

It might grow up to rob the figs, but right then it was too cute to be upset with.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the good news bad news thing. Sweet and sour. But it is cute! Amazing how many birds survive the learning to fly thing! But I guess it is do or die.

    Hope you get FIGS!

    ReplyDelete