Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Louisburg College's DeHart Botanical Gardens

On my list of things to do this year, I put "visit the DeHart Botanical Gardens 15 times."  The year is coming to a close, I have a few more visits to get in, and today was perfect to be outside.  As I parked, I saw Mr. DeHart himself in the gazebo where visitors must register.  He and another gentleman (I assumed a representative from the college) were in a discussion of the trails.  I have noticed new posts going up along the trail, so I anticipate new signage along the trail.  Mr. DeHart noted I had brought my walking stick with me, and I told him that was in case I encountered any dogs...  "...or men," I added with a smile. 
I got in a good walk (and only encountered another lady).  In the woods, I breathed deeply, inhaling the scent of the fallen oak leaves.  I knew what Emily Dickinson meant by the phrase "inebriate of air."  I had my camera with me today, so I snapped pics of turtles, hollies, oaks, granite boulders, and mushrooms.  What a lovely place!


 

 


 
 

1 comment: