Saturday, November 25, 2017

An arrowhead

On Thanksgiving Day, I was blessed to be able to visit with my parents and all my siblings.  After a tasty meal, I took a walk outside.  Many times I have looked for arrowheads at my parents' property, but it seems my best finds are when I just happen to look down.  That's what happened Thursday, and I found this little arrowhead not far from the back steps.
It's fascinating to me to find something like this and think that someone else made it and used it ages ago.

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky and blessed. I used to search Marrow MT state park and never found an arrow head. LOL
    Good for you. Glad you had a good visit and a sentimental journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one near my barn a few years ago. There is a creek that flows a few miles from here. It’s called the Blackwater River. Native Americans had a community near by. When it rains, people find arrowheads and other artifacts in the bends of the Creek.

    ReplyDelete