Sunday, November 19, 2017

Bonus potatoes

After I harvested my potatoes mid-summer, a few sprouts emerged where I had missed a few.  I let them grow.  Yesterday, I dug them up.  There were some new potatoes that formed on the original missed ones and the missed ones themselves were intact except for one large one that had been gnawed by a rodent.
 
I thought the largest potato of the ones I dug yesterday was one of the missed ones, but once I washed it, I found the skin was very thin and fragile like a new potato.  It turned out to have a hollow heart, but I salvaged enough to make about 3 half-cup servings for supper from that one potato.  (I cooked it in the microwave.)


It was fun to get the bonus potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, surprises and bonuses are spice in a life. I planted two potatoes, I have no idea how they do in Florida. WE are away from our 'farm' now. I sure hope they are getting some water. We will visit in two weeks to see if we have a tomato. I doubt if the bananas are in yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete