Sunday, February 4, 2018

An evening at the "Listening Room"

Last Friday night, darling husband and I had the opportunity to attend a little concert in the Wake Forest Listening Room series.  The band was Drybread Road, a duo consisting of our musician acquaintances, Rick and Bette Newsome.  Rick and Bette are wonderful people who can entertain and educate at the same time.  They have a gentle, understated way about them and their show is smooth and polished, thoroughly enjoyable.
The venue was the Sugar Magnolia Café & Emporium, a very lovely little shop in downtown Wake Forest.  The manager, Mike Allen, livestreamed the show and has posted the VIDEO on the Listening Room page.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I envy (in a nice way) musicians who get together to enjoy each other's music. For years I have admired the guy or gal who sits down at a piano and folks gather around and 'request' their special songs. Guitars work the same on the weather deck of a ship. Glad you guys had a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to much of the video and all I can say is WOW! They play my kind of music, and I would have loved to be there in person. I was thinking, "they've played everybody but John Prine" and then right near the end they played him too! Thanks for sharing this, it brings back memories of when I would sit and pick in someone's living room or basement. I used to do a couple of the songs myself, I think everyone knows The City of New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete