Thursday, July 20, 2017

Have you ever seen a green butterfly?

I have a little patch of mountain mint that is in bloom.  The patch I have was started by a sprig given to me by the late Allen DeHart.  I'm always fascinated by how many different kinds of insects find their way to these blooms.  I've noticed a green butterfly enjoying the nectar.  I could never get my autofocus camera to focus on the green butterfly, so I imposed upon darling son to take a picture for me. 
Here is the juniper hairstreak butterfly. 

1 comment:

  1. I an sure I have never seen one of those, i think it would have 'stuck out'. I love the photo. Very good catch. I try to bet butterflies at times, but the dudes are so flit-ty!
    Love from the Pied mont. Gotta go. My ears are calling for batteries.

    ReplyDelete