Monday, January 1, 2018

Planning for a new year

I admire people who are good planners.  There are a couple of vlogs that I watch regularly in which the posters share their long-term plans for their homesteads.  I like watching how they look at the big picture and implement the actions needed to reach their goals.  The beginning of a new year seems to be a great time to evaluate where you are and what you want to accomplish.  It seems I get bogged down in the day-to-day routine.  But I still like the optimism a new year brings.
I did make some traditional dishes for our meal today.  We had collards, black eyed peas, cornbread, mac and cheese, and green beans.  The collards were from our garden, and they were good.  My son and I also had some pickled beets that my brother made from his garden.  Boy howdy, they were good with the collards and peas!
Even if I can't get accomplished the things I'd like to see done, I know life is good when I'm eating that well.
I hope 2018 is a good year for you.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great meal, I love beans, greens and cornbread. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep,the meal sounds delicious. But long planning is good, but having a good plan for today ain't bad. Most of us do the daily thing thing and hope the long run takes care of itself. Honestly, most times it does. I admire plans. But I have known folk who get so much involved in planning the future they miss the day. some folk are mentally programed to andle long range plans, they get hyper or stressed.
    My long range plan has always been varied. I have two simple plans this year.

    ReplyDelete