Monday, March 7, 2016

This past week

It's been a week since my last post, so it's high time for an update.  I've enjoyed a few walks at the local nature preserve.  It's my favorite place locally. 
One day, I was able to have lunch with my friend Lea, and we enjoyed stopping in at an antique shop just to look around.
I did a little pruning today--the gardenia and the nandinas.
(Here's the before and after of the gardenia.)

 
Some of the nandina that I pruned had berries, so I put them in a vase.  I also trimmed away the dried carnations from my Valentine's Day bouquet.  I'm down to two little blooms.  This is the way they looked 2 weeks after receiving the bouquet.  No wonder carnations are such a popular cut flower.
 
This week the weather is supposed to be warmer than normal, so I will try to work on some outdoor chores.
That's what's happening around here.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sherry is looking for the warmer weather. ha! Amazing how a couple of the carnations still hold on. WE walk by a tree with beautiful bright red flowers on it, YELLING This is springtime! I love it.

    ReplyDelete